Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Common Room of Slytherin




The Common Room of Slytherin
In a dark magical dungeon, cool wind in my hair 
Warm smell of potions, rising up through the air 
Up ahead in the distance, I saw shimmering light 
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim 
I had to stop and take in the sight 
There Girly stood in the doorway; 
I heard the Hogwart’s bell 
And I was thinking to myself, 
“This could be Heaven or this could be Hell” 
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way 
There were voices down the corridor, 
I thought I heard them say…
Welcome to the common room of Slytherin 
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place) 
Such a lovely face 
Plenty of room in the common room of Slytherin 
Any time of year (Any time of year) 
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the #31 race car trends 
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys and girls she calls friends (Hotties) 
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat. 
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Potions Master, 
“Please bring me my wine” 
He said, “We haven’t had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine” 
And still those voices are calling from far away, 
Wake you up in the middle of the night 
Just to hear them say…
Welcome to the common room of Slytherin 
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place) 
Such a lovely face 
They livin’ it up in common room of Slytherin 
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise) 
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling, 
The pink champagne on ice 
And she said “We are all just crafters here, of our own device” 
And in the Potions master’s chambers, 
They gathered for the feast 
They stab it with their steely needles, 
But they just can’t kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was 
Looking for the door 
I wasn’t sure I wanted to find the passage back 
To the place I was before 
“Relax,” said the Doom Goat, 
“We are proud to receive.
You can check-out any time you like, 
But you can never leave!”

Thank you to Abycat who borrrowed the Eagles ‘Hotel California to play around a bit... and let us borrow it here! 

2 comments: