Friday, March 11, 2011

Yar Weekend Report

Welcome to a special nautical edition of Weekend Report.  This week's top story - Snakepit Island.  In a bold move this week Slytherins climbed aboard Captin Maigret's pirate ship to find the island where the Malabrigo trees grow.  After having to turn the ship around once to procure enough coffee to keep our head of house calm the ship sped through the seas.  One Slytherin was quoted as saying, "Nothing like a long sea voyage to get some serious work done on your OWL." 

Weather:  Snakepit Island expects another beautiful clear day with random storms of margarita mix and sunscreen massages.

In other news Classwork is slowly rolling in:
Herbology - 7 bounteous bouquets
Transfiguration - 4 pints of dragons blood turned in.
Potions - 8 super strong chicks
HOM - 6 goals whoo hoo
Muggle Studies - 8 healing draughts
Arithmancy - 5 circular wonders
DADA - 7 educational decrees
Charms - 5 wisps of wonder

Keep up the classwork Snakes, I know we're all stressing out on the OWLs, but we're in third place so lets rock it.

Forgivable Curse of the Week:  You can kiss my mohair covered pointy bits.

Finally from the Subhuman interest desk - Crafting Books.  You know you collect them, covet them and guard them as though they were horcruxes.  So, you are boarding the pirate ship for Snakepit Island and can only bring two knitting books which ones would they be?  I'd bring Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac and one of Barbara Walker's stitch bibles.  What about you?  Leave a comment and give me something entertaining to read.
This is Rockinsticks on the high seas signing off and saying, "Yar, I like rum."

6 comments:

  1. Rum! Island! Yes!

    I'm bringing Respect the Spindle and Mason-Dixon Knitting. Don't even have to stop to think about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd cheat and bring one "book" - my iPad, which has about 600 patterns on it. (I'd also bring a solar battery charger as my second item - it'd be horrid to have all those patterns nearby and inaccessible!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arghhh me hearties Cap'n Maigret here I be bringing "Mosaic Knitting by Barbara Walker" and "Brave New Knits by Julie Turjoman"

    Yo ho yo ho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since this scurvy yarn-runner is still a bit wet behind the ears, I'd bring my go-to "now how do I do that again?" books: Stitch 'n Bitch and Domiknitrix...and a bottle of rum, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "But, why is the rum gone?"

    I too would be tempted to cheat, and bring for one "book" my nook; with it's wi-fi capabilities, I'd be able to get new books every day!

    But, since I cannot lie well, a rather unfortunate Gryffindor-ish quality for a Slytherin, our awesome HoH would certainly sniff me out and punish me most severely. :(

    So, to avoid punishment, I would not cheat and instead bring The Knitter's Year by Debbie Bliss, which has a project (or 3) for every season, and my Amigurimi World book of crocheted critters and cuties to create a multitude of minions to take over the world in the name of Slytherin Domination! :)

    ~01Tangled

    ReplyDelete