Monday, February 1, 2010

Quiet Snakes


Hello Slytherins!  Today I’ll be interviewing underreigns, one of our quiet, but talented, second-years.

Heya underreigns!  Thanks for chatting with me.  How did you originally find out about the House Cup?
I found out about the house cup via my local knitting group.  Most of us are involved.  I’m proud to say that 5 of us are Slytherins! (=

Are you a knitter, crocheter, spinner, weaver?
I’m a knitter that crochets only when it’s the will of the Great Lord Cthulhu, and begrudgingly then.

What other crafts and hobbies do you love?
I’m also a poet, a classical musician (bassoon and flute), a photographer, and a painter. I’m a metal enthusiast and have a weakness for dance parties.

Don’t we all!  What else do you do when you’re not knitting?
When I’m not knitting I’m either bogged down with muggle college classes or trying to figure out how to get into space--as I’m far more interested in giant gas clouds and clusters than most muggles.

Well, star clusters are more interesting than most muggles…  Do you knit for yourself or for other people?
I knit mostly for other people and when they leave me alone, I find time to knit myself things.  It’s the curse of the knitter; people see you knitting and assume that it won’t take up your valuable time, effort, and money just to whip them up a hat or a sweater.

What is your dream project for yourself?
Well, for now, my goals aren’t lofty.  I want to eventually make a perfectly fitted, snuggly, button-up sweater.

Mmm, that does sound nice.  What project are you most proud of so far?
I’m most proud of my stole even though it was a super quick knit and incredibly easy.  I love how classy it looks, and actually, it was nominated for a potions award last semester.  Also, because it’s the only thing I’ve crocheted and it came out so well, I’m particularly proud of Cthulhu.

Wow! That’s fantastic.  Where do you find your inspiration?
I find inspiration, a lot of times, in movies.  But generally I find ideas from my friend updates.  I steal, I have no shame.

Lastly, what are your crafting goals for this term?
To fit the requests I have from my muggle friends into class assignments, without them realizing it’s magical! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment